- Work for the world's largest IT & Retail services provider!
- Great field service opportunity
- Immediate start
This position is for work with our customer, a large IT multinational which is responsible for most of the POS hardware within the retail sector. In this role you will be looking after the service and repair of POS systems in big name retail outlets throughout the Townsville area.
There is a weekend work requirement for this role.
You are an experienced POS Technician or someone with a strong IT hardware background who is based in Townsville. You are someone who enjoys field service and who shares our commitment to getting the job done, whatever it takes.
Our most successful Engineers are the ones who enjoy being in the field, travelling to customer sites and solving problems.
This role will start with an initial 3 month contract with a high likelihood of extension.
- Strong hardware skills and previous Field Service experience is a must.
- Previous experience with POS installation / repair / maintenance
- Ideally your experience will include servicing of touch screens, thermal printers, cash drawer, eftpos devices however this is not essential as long as you have a strong hardware background (to component level)
- Good mechanical aptitude and excellent customer service skills
- Reliable, confident and a self starter who is able to work independently
- Excellent communication skills
- Own Vehicle and current drivers license
- The flexibility to rotate working hours with other team members is critical